The Joy of Running
One of the greatest feelings of being a runner is crossing the finish line. Ask anyone who has done a race, whether it be a 5k, or a marathon. Knowing all of those days training, whether you wanted to or not, all of the pain, physically and mentally has finally paid off. Getting that medal hung around your neck or treating yourself to a victory meal or a piece of jewelry can make those grueling miles all the more worth it. Our Serinium® jewelry are a great way to show your love of running with our custom laser designs and styles. How do you reward yourself after a run?
Running has been around for a long time, but mostly for competitive purposes. The Boston Marathon started in 1897, but not many people were aware of it and the ones that were couldn’t understand why anyone would want to run 26.2 miles. Women were not even allowed to run the Boston Marathon until 1972! In the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, marathoner Frank Shorter won the gold medal. He was the first American to win the gold in the Olympic marathon since 1908. Because of that win, he is credited for getting people interested in running. This started a movement of competitive running and jogging. An estimated 25 million people took up running during that time. Shoe and clothing sales sky rocketed after that and have been growing ever since. Did you know that over 1 billion pairs of running shoes are sold worldwide every year? This is definitely a trend that will not be going away any time soon.
With the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio underway, many people are looking forward to the different races from the 100 meter hurdles to the marathon. The USA alone has won 318 gold medals in running between 1896 and 2012.
Running brings on a sense of accomplishment, mental clarity, and a long list of health benefits. Some people run for charity, some run for health, others run to compete. Every runner has their own reasons for why they love to run, but sometimes the simple joy of running is enough.
Serinium® ring characteristics:
- Serinium ® is ultra-hard and will last a lifetime. Its brilliant white color will never tarnish, oxidize or yellow.
- Serinium ® wedding bands are Comfort Fit bands for ultimate wearability, whether your activity is trail running, fishing, water sports, hunting, hiking, or winter outdoor activities.
- Serinium ® is the next generation jewelry metal that moves beyond gold and platinum to new heights of beauty, durability and sustainability.
- Serinium ® is hypoallergenic.
- Serinium ® is covered by a lifetime warranty and size exchange policy.
- Serinium ® is protected by U.S. Patent No. 9,289,037
We’re ready to connect with you and get social!