Do you know your Black Contemporary Metals?
Let’s face it — black jewelry looks cool on guys — and many men today are moving beyond traditional polished yellow gold and white gold wedding bands and are opting for a rougher, more masculine look i.e. black contemporary metals. Black wedding bands and rings made from materials such as black ceramic are popular, as are contemporary metals coated with a black surface. Guys are also choosing rough or dark, non-reflective finishes on their wedding bands to create a less formal, more masculine look, sometimes over the entire ring and sometimes in a contrasting pattern or band. Popular finishes, such as a stone finish, hammer finish or bark finish, provide a rougher less shiny look. Applying a sandblast finish or even some laser designs can reduce or eliminate the high gloss polish from a ring as well. As seen in our Serinium® bands below.
Designs made in Black Diamond Ceramic™, as well as our patented Serinium® metal with the Black Diamond Ceramic inlay, capture a more subtle, classic designer look that appeals to men looking for a more contemporary wedding ring. In the attached images you can see a variety of finishes that our jewelers use to customize a wedding band and fulfill your desire for a grayer or darker look.
Black wedding rings
Do you know the difference between the coated metals and black ceramic metals? Black Zirconium, Black Titanium, Black Tungsten are all coated or treated to apply a black surface layer. They look great when they are new, but these coatings can tend to scratch or wear off over time, revealing the silver metal underneath. Black Diamond Ceramic™, on the other hand, is a super hard black ceramic metal that is solid black all the way through, so the color will never scratch or wear off. It is also one of the hardest materials known to man, making it a great choice for a man’s band that will be worn every day. For the contemporary masculine look and quality that will last a lifetime, be sure to check out our Black Diamond Ceramic™ Bands and our brilliant Serinium® designs.
Shop for darker finish wedding rings
Serinium® ring characteristics:
- Serinium ® is ultra-hard and will last a lifetime. Its brilliant white color will never tarnish, oxidize or yellow.
- Serinium ® wedding bands are Comfort Fit bands for ultimate wearability, whether your activity is trail running, fishing, water sports, hunting, hiking, or winter outdoor activities.
- Serinium ® is the next generation jewelry metal that moves beyond gold and platinum to new heights of beauty, durability and sustainability.
- Serinium ® is hypoallergenic.
- Serinium ® is covered by a lifetime warranty and size exchange policy.
- Serinium ® is protected by U.S. Patent No. 9,289,037
We’re ready to connect with you and get social!