Breast Cancer Awareness Month
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month. It is an international health campaign organized by several breast cancer charities every October to help people become more aware and informed of this disease.
National Breast Cancer Awareness month was created in 1985 by the National Cancer Society and the Imperial Chemical Industries. It started as a way to bring attention to mammography as the most effective way to detect breast cancer. Eight years later, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation was created by Evelyn Lauder and chose the pink ribbon to represent the cause.
Several organizations work throughout the year to bring awareness. A lot of events such as walks and runs take place to raise money and show support for those affected. A couple of the biggest events that take place are the Susan G. Komen 3 Day ‘For the Cure’ and Breast Cancer Today. The Susan G. Komen ‘For the Cure’ is a 60 mile walk spread out over a few days to raise money. It takes place all over the United States. The Breast Cancer Today event is a one or two day walk to raise money for research. It takes place in Canada and several States in the U.S. Even companies that are not working directly with the breast cancer cure show their support. Every October, the National Football League wears some sort of pink on their uniforms. The Tokyo Tower, the white house and many other buildings will shine pink lights highlighting their building, usually on October 1st.
Often overlooked, is male breast cancer. It affects less than 1% of all breast cancer cases. A couple of organizations in support for male breast cancer joined together to make the third week in October as “Male Breast Cancer Awareness Week”.
While everyone shows their support all year long, October is the biggest time of year to show support, to inform people and raise money to go towards prevention, diagnosis and treatment. We have several options of rings to show your support for National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Our Serinium and pink ceramic rings offer different options to represent your own style and support anyone that has been affected by breast cancer.
Serinium® ring characteristics:
- Serinium ® is ultra-hard and will last a lifetime. Its brilliant white color will never tarnish, oxidize or yellow.
- Serinium ® wedding bands are Comfort Fit bands for ultimate wearability, whether your activity is trail running, fishing, water sports, hunting, hiking, or winter outdoor activities.
- Serinium ® is the next generation jewelry metal that moves beyond gold and platinum to new heights of beauty, durability and sustainability.
- Serinium ® is hypoallergenic.
- Serinium ® is covered by a lifetime warranty and size exchange policy.
- Serinium ® is protected by U.S. Patent No. 9,289,037
We’re ready to connect with you and get social!